Doctor insights on:
Do I Need To Take An Extra Birth Control Pill If I Have Diarrhea
Loose stools is a symptom in which a person's stool (poop) does not hold its shape after it goes into the toilet. Instead of remaining a shaped piece of poop, the poop spreads out in the toilet bowl water. Very loose stool is called diarrhea. Loose stool can be caused by infections, certain foods or drinks, ...Read more
Today I took a birth control pill as usual but after 10 minutes I had diarrhea. Do I need to take another pill? I'm Taking pills for polycystic ovary.
Should i take another birth control pill if I produce loose stools immediately after taking the pill?
Please clarify: Are you saying you develop diarrhea within an hour of taking the pill and wonder if it is effective, or you have always had diarrhea on this pill? Timing matters.If this is a one time deal and your loose stools started hours after you took it one time, it was probably absorbed and will work.If worried, use condoms during this cycle.If it always gives you squirts, change pills. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: No the medication is absorbed in the stomach. ...Read more
Contraceptiion is a means of preventing conception (or fertilization). There are hormonal and non hormonal methods of preventing sperm and egg from meeting. Talk to your doctor or clinic about what options are best for you. There are short acting methods (condoms, pills, patch, ring) and long ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do i still need to take birth control if i am breastfeeding?
- Birth control pill diarrhea
- Do i need to take the pill if i am nursing?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i take birth control pills while breastfeeding?
- What happens if i forget to take the birth control pill?
- Will birth control pills lose their effectiveness if i take vitamin b 6
- Can i take my birth control pill the day before surgery?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free