Doctor insights on:
Do I Need To Stay In The Hospital After My Hemorrhoid Surgery
Hemorrhoid surgery is a procedure done to treat enlarged hemorrhoids. There are several variations, depending on the type of hemorrhoids you have, their size, and your doctor's expertise in a particular procedure. Most are done as an outpatient. While the biggest complaint is pain following surgery, newer procedures are able to minimize discomfort and ...Read more
Usually: A few hours as an outpatient procedure. Ask your doctor about your surgical plans. ...Read more
Usually not: Unless you job requires prolonged standing or heavy lifting (over 25 pounds) going back to work in a week should be okay. You can help the doctor determine by how you feel and your knowledge of what the job requires. You may still have a sense of urgency, so the availability of toilet facilities may also detern=mine how soon you return to work. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Why am i still hurting and bleeding after a bm and i had my hemorrhoid surgery 2.5 months ago? Dr says everyone is different but i can't take no more.
The veins in the rectum can swell and become puffy when a person has frequent pressure on them from pushing out a bm. This is constipation. The swollen veins can burn, itch, or sometimes become severely painful (from a clot building up inside). Veins in the rectum are called hemorrhoidal veins and the sick, stretched out vein ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long do i have to stay in the hospital after i have bariatric surgery?
- After a splenectomy how long will i need to stay in the hospital
- Do you have to stay in the hospital overnight after orbital fracture surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long should i expect to stay in the hospital after continent ileostomy?
- Do i need to call the hospital and let them know i am in labor?
- Will i have to stay in the hospital overnight for parathyroid removal surgery
- Do i still need to take medication for my seasonal depression in the summer?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free