Doctor insights on:
Do I Need To See A Doctor If I Have Sprained Finger
Depends: If the pain is severe/debilitating, or if there is gross instability of the finger, or if there is significant redness and/or swelling, then i would recommend seeing a doc. Other than that, you can certainly just try ice, elevation, ibupforen, and buddy taping (taping the finger to the one next to it, which provides stability). ...Read more
I am showing some symptoms of a sprained finger, how do I know if i need to go to the doctor for my finger?
Instability: If the joint is just sore and mildly swollen then no. If the joint is unstable and has pain with stressing of the joint, or is lacking range of motion then yes. ...Read more
Maybe Nothing: It depends on if it's truly a sprain. Some sprains are severe enough to need a splint. Others just get buddy taped, iced and nsaid's. Hard to tell the extent of yours without an exam. An x-ray would rule out a fracture as well. Start with ice 20 min 3 times a day, otc Ibuprofen and tape the finger to the one next to it for stability (buddy tape). If not better in a few days see your doc. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
The doctor said I have a badly sprained finger and said to keep a splint on it how long should I keep it on?
This may depend on : the finger involved and as to exactly what specific type of injury that was sustained. The most common type of splinting for simple injuries is buddy taping where one finger is taped to the adjacent one for stability but still allow for range of motion to avoid stiffness. See you doctor for an opinion. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- If i have been running a fever for 3 days do i need to go to the doctor
- Do i need parental consent if i think i may be pregnant and need to see a doctor?
- Do i need to see a doctor if i think i was poisoned by propane fumes?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do i need to see a doctor for sore throat and puss on tonsils?
- What kind of doc do i need to see if i think i have hpv warts on tongue?
- I have no insurance or money to see a doctor what can i do to treat bad joints
- Do i need to see a neurologist or a neurosurgeon if i just had my first seizure?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free