Doctor insights on:
Do I Need To Give My Baby A Helmet If He Has A Flat Head
Is it safe to give an 8 month old baby Infant Tylenol (acetaminophen) every day during teething to help with teething pain & discomfort? Baby's weight is 18 lbs.
Pretty much: This is our standard of care for a baby to reshape head. Keep in mind she's up and around much more than she used to be so this may continue to improve on its own. What does your pediatrician say about it? Are her fontanelles still open? A plastics referral may be in order. ...Read more
Im 17 with flat head, distance between my forhead and back of my head is ridicoulas. Is there no way this can be fixed without crainio a helmet maybe?
My child has flat head and my pediatrician doesn't recommend helmets. What should I do? She is 8 1/2 months old.
Hello I'm 17 and I have a flat head shape. The area to my for head to the back of my is so small. :( is there NOTHING apart from costly crainio facial surgery that I can do. I don't mind having some sort of helmet.
Nothing: It is inherited. Live with it.Get a more detailed answer ›
No brain injury: positional plagiocephaly means flattening of one side of skull usually becaue the babe always lies in the same position. Cosmetic problem only, however try to prevent by 'Tummy Time' and placing babe in different positions in car seat. ...Read more
I am very concerned about my baby's flat head syndrome. I am doing everything i can but i'm still worried her head will stay like that. Please give me?
Get an x-ray: If the head shape has not normalized by 3 months of age, skull x-rays should be taken to be certain that all of the separations ("sutures") between the skull bones are open. If they are open, the baby might be referred for evaluation for a skull molding helmet. If there is a question about the bones of the skull, a ct scan may be ordered to clarify the situation. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is there a good diet i can give my 6yo if he has polycythemia?
- Does my baby need antibiotics if he has an ear infection?
- When do i need to give my babies vitamins
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can i do to help my baby sleep when he has a cold?
- How do i tell my child he has autism?
- Should i give my baby formula so he can get used to the taste
- Should i feed my baby bottle milk or give him food before he sleep
- Talk to a neurosurgeon online for free