Doctor insights on:
Do I Need To Get Checked To Make Sure My Tubes Are Still Tied
Immobilize: The sural nerve is a purely sensory nerve that supplies the outside of the lower leg and outer edge of the foot. It enters the foot behind the malleolus(bump) of the outer ankle. Injury can be aggravated by movement of the ankle because tendons of the ankle travel with the nerve. Resting the sural nerve will help it heal. ...Read more
Sural nerve damage my boy has had 13 surgeries in his foot and still is hurting him, now his doctor wants to remove part of the sural nerve. Safe?
Theoretically: Never, but it has been known to happen once in a very rare blue moon usually a longer time ago when tubes really were tied. Now a portion is taken out and the ends totally sealed so they can not find their way back to each other not like the older surgical method of just snipping where the ends sometimes remet . Now only if the doc made a huge mistake could you get pregnant. ...Read more
I had my tubes tied and burned about a year ago can I still get pregrant I have sereval people tell me yes i can is this true... I had my tubes tied and burned about a year ago can I still get pregrant I have sereval people tell me yes i can is this true
Hello. : Hello. Failure rates for tubal ligations can vary a little bit by procedure. It can be 0.2 to 0.4% around year one and 1.8 per 100 procedures at the 10 year mark. So, your friends are correct. ...Read more
Cysts in Tubes: Yes having had a tubal ligation actually increases the risk of getting cysts in the tubes. But this is almost never a serious condition that requires any treatment. The tubes are constantly secreting fluid and the tubal ligation causes some scar tissue to block the flow. This can cause collections of fluid that are cystic. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: Depends on many factors. Most importantly age. As women get older, ovaries diminish in egg numbers and quality. Even though the tubes can be reversed in an older woman her ovaries may not allow for a pregnancy. Therefore a thorough evaluation for other fertility factors prior to a tubal reversal may be needed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do i need to get bariatric surgery if my hba1c levels are elevated?
- What age do i need to get my prostate checked?
- I brush my teeth two or three times a day and they are still yellow what to do
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do i need to get my tonsils removed to prevent tonsil stones from forming?
- What can i do to get rid of my liver spots that are getting more noticeable?
- Can i still get pregnant if my tubes are tied?
- How long do i need to cover up my good eye to make my lazy eye stronger daily?
- My brown spots are raised what should i do to get it checked out