Doctor insights on:
Do I Need To Do Anything In Particular Before Taking My Flonase
Not really but...: Flonase (fluticasone) is a topical corticosteroid sprayed in the nose to reduce inflammation from allergies. The medicine is absorbed readily into tissues and hair-like projections (called cilia) on cells help spread the medicine towards the back (so no need to "snort" after spraying). Sometimes if there is too much drainage or mucus, it may help to blow your nose or use saline prior to spraying. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I've been taking Flonase for 6 months, recently stopped, and suspect I am now experiencing withdrawal. How long should I expect symptoms last if it is withdrawal?
All about the same: All of the topical steroids have about equal efficacy (activity) and safety. I do not think changing from Flonase to another topical steroid will significantly change your nasal function. Remember, these drugs are specifically used for allergic and non-allergic rhinitis. Check with an allergist. Finally, although these topical steroids are about the same, some people do prefer a particular one. ...Read more
Negligible to none: Absorption of Flonase if used at the recommended dose is minimal. There were no significant long term adverse effects with the studies. With any nasal steroids, long term use is not advised. Always consult your dr for any concerns or questions. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- My daughter has a visible epiglottis do i need to do anything
- If i start taking lexapro do i need to take it for the rest of my life
- Is there anything i can do to shorten my period?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there anything i can do to stop my period?
- Why do i need physical therapy before my knee surgery?
- My hemoglobin level is a 9 do i need blood before hyst
- Am i allowed to eat anything before my colonoscopy?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online