Doctor insights on:
Do I Just Need New Glasses Every Year
Not often: Glasses are needed when the vision changes noticeably or you lose or break the old ones. Eyeglass makers and optometrists are obsessed with having folks come in annually and almost always find a "change" this is marketing. Be careful when a recommendation for new glasses is made especially in the face of an annual examination. ...Read more
I am disabled and need new glasses, but state aid will only pay for them every 5 years. Is there anything else I can do?
Charity organization: This is the wealthiest country in the world, and one of the most generous, and those in need can usually get assistance. You only have to look for the organizations that provide it. Here's a website that looks good, or do a google search on "charity glasses" or "i can't afford glasses" if you don't find help here: http://www.Allaboutvision.Com/eye-exam/free-exam.Htm. ...Read more
I went to eye doctor and to him my sight dims and he said i just need new glasses.Is this true? My vision always dims
See an eye doctor: Double vision refers to have two distinct images when viewing an object, such as looking at one pencil and seeing two. New glasses are needed when there is a refractive error, which most commonly causes vision to be out of focus or blurry, but not double. Get your eyes examined. ...Read more
No: It is dependent on your visual needs. Good luck and speak to your doctor if you have questions. Have a great day. ...Read more
Need useful vision: You can put of improving the vision with your glasses (putting off updating) as long as the vision your current pain gives you allows you to successfully perform your personal and work related tasks. If these are suffering, than you need to 'bit the bullet' and pay for an update, as well as to determine if the worsening of vision is just eyeglass needs or some other problem. ...Read more
Blurred vision: If the distance vision has become blurred with your current glasses so that it is difficult to see road signs, drive at night, read tv print, etc. Then a new prescription may be needed. If for reading, new glasses may be needed if you feel eyestrain symptoms, if you have to hold material further away to read, or if the near vision is blurred or fluctuates in clarity. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is an astigmatism and will i eventually need glasses if it is just mild?
- Why do i get leg cramps just below my knee every night?
- What causes the sudden pain in the arch of your foot do i need new shoes?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Im 46 year old male do i need a physical
- Do i need to see a neurologist or a neurosurgeon if i just had my first seizure?
- Do i need to keep taking deep breaths every time the doctor listens to my lungs?
- Do i need to use a condom with mirena if new man?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free