Doctor insights on:
Do I Have To See A Specialist To Get An Esophagram Ordered
Not necessarily: If your primary physician suspects a problem with the esophagus, he or she may be inclined to order an "esophagram", which would likely be performed by the radiology department. This test can be ordered by your regular doctor - if there is a specific problem discovered, you may then need to see a specialist for further evaluation and treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
An esophagram shows: how food and fluids move through the esophagus and into the stomach. It is used to see gastroesophageal reflux and well as other esophageal motility or structural problems. It is an Xray study done after swallowing a contrast material, such as barium, sometimes instead of or preceding an endoscopy, which would involve being sedated. ...Read more
Does an esophagram check for narrowing and strictures?What is the difference between an esophagram and a modified barium swallow?
Acid reflux/barrett's history. Recent incomplete egd to qualify for halo. Scheduled for esophagram. Could doctor be looking for a tumor?
Many things: Esophagram provides additional anatomical information to the physician, by providing images of the esophagus and stomach. Incomplete egd, perhaps from stricture, would be a reason to perform an esophagram, as the contrast will traverse a narrowed area to help visualize other structures. Strictures, masses, and obstructions can be viewed on esophagrams. ...Read more
Yes: A bronchoscopy is a specialized procedure performed by a trained specialist, usually a pulmonologist to visualize & inspect the major airways and take samples of fluids, biopsies as neccesary, etc. Procedure also to localize lesions, obstructions, nodes among other indications. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: A hysteroscopy may be indicated for a number of gynecologic complaints (abnormal bleeding, polyps, fibroids, lost iud, etc). A hysteroscopy can be performed in the clinic or in an operating room, depending on the physician and the problem being investigated. Most ob/gyn's perform hysteroscopy, and yes you would need to have an evaluation with your gynecologist to detemine that you need this exam. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do i have to see a specialist to get a mono spot ordered?
- Do i have to see a specialist to get a d dimer ordered?
- Do i have to see a specialist to get a stool culture ordered?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do i have to see a specialist to get a neck mri without dye ordered?
- Do i have to see a specialist to get a stool ova and parasite exam ordered?
- Do i have to see a specialist to get a brain ct scan with dye ordered?
- Why do i have to see a neurologist?
- Do i have to see a specialist to get a hysteroscopy ordered?