Doctor insights on:
Do I Have To See A Specialist To Get A Thoracic Spine Mri With Dye Ordered
Spine MRI: Although your pcp can order a spine mri, but i advise you to be seen by either a neurologist of neuro surgeon inorder to be more specific, sometimes according to the symptoms may be you need to have an MRI of other part of the spine and also to have benefit of the spine MRI it is better to be reviewed carefully especially if eventually you need to be seen by the specialist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Mri or magnetic resonance imaging is one of the more recently developed imaging modalities available to physicians. It uses powerful magnets to generate images. There is no ionizing radiation which is a major advantage over many other modalities. Mri is the best imaging exam that we have for most soft tissue and joint related problems. There are radiologists ...Read more
Any: Any type of doctor can order this type of mri, however if there is a back problem it would be best to be seen by a doctor with experience in this condition (neurologist, neurosurgeon, orthopedic surgeon, physiatrist, some internists or family medicine doctors, etc) to make sure that this is the correct test. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pain under left boob & left rib cage, can this be from thoracic spine?Mri shows a lot of bugled disc in thoracic area!
Yes: Thoracic spine areas will allow nerves to exit out of the spine and wrap around into the chest wall and abdomen. So herniated discs there can cause pain into these areas as well. I would consider seeing a pain specialist for treatment options like epidural steroid injection or even facet joint treatments. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Spine MRI showed mild chronic compression fracture of the superior endplate of t5 in thoracic spine. What does this mean, and should I be concerned?
C-spine MRI duration: Count on at least an hour or two for preparation for the study and time to do the study without and then with contrast. Add more time if you move during the study, for that will produce suboptimal (unreadable) images. If you suffer from claustrophobia, the doc can prescribe med for anxiety to relax you during the study. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do i have to see a specialist to get a neck mri without dye ordered?
- Do i have to see a specialist to get a brain ct scan with dye ordered?
- Do i have to see a specialist to get a hysteroscopy ordered?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do i have to see a specialist to get an esophagram ordered?
- Do i have to see a specialist to get a mono spot ordered?
- Do i have to see a specialist to get a d dimer ordered?
- Do i have to see a specialist to get a stool culture ordered?
- Talk to a orthopedic spine surgeon online for free