Doctor insights on:
Do I Have To See A Specialist To Get A Hysteroscopy Ordered
Yes: A hysteroscopy may be indicated for a number of gynecologic complaints (abnormal bleeding, polyps, fibroids, lost iud, etc). A hysteroscopy can be performed in the clinic or in an operating room, depending on the physician and the problem being investigated. Most ob/gyn's perform hysteroscopy, and yes you would need to have an evaluation with your gynecologist to detemine that you need this exam. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I don't want to get a Hysterosalpingogarm, is there any other option for me? I've already had a hysteroscopy back in February.
Hysteroscopy/d&c what other anesthesia can I get for that other than general anesthesia. It seems that they are only giving me one option. 54yr/female?
Regional Anesthesia: Any form of regional anesthesia would suffice for this procedure. You can have spinal or epidural anesthesia. In spinal or epidural a needle is inserted into your back. Fluids are injected to render the patient anesthetized. You are given some IV medication to "take the edge off" and make you amnesic. This is another safe way to proceed. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
OBGYN: A hysteroscopy is a procedure done by a gynecologist to visualize the inside of your uterus with a camera. It can locate an iud or identify any structural abnormalities that can then be biopsied. It is a relatively quick procedure that usually only takes about 30 minutes to an hour. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I'm 32 years old and it being a year trying to get pregnant, I want to know if hysteroscopy can help me getting pregnant?
Yes: Hysteroscopy can definitely help you with evaluation of your ability to conceive. Sometimes there are septations or tissue curtains in the uterus that prevent pregnancy from occurring and a hysteroscopy can detect that. Also, at hysteroscopy, the tubes can be evaluated to make sure there is flow or patency of the tubes (combined with laparoscopy). If you've been trying for a year, I recommend ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do i have to see a specialist to get an esophagram ordered?
- Do i have to see a specialist to get a mono spot ordered?
- Do i have to see a specialist to get a d dimer ordered?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do i have to see a specialist to get a thoracic spine mri with dye ordered?
- Do i have to see a specialist to get a neck mri without dye ordered?
- Do i have to see a specialist to get a stool ova and parasite exam ordered?
- Do i have to see a specialist to get a brain ct scan with dye ordered?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free