Doctor insights on:
Do I Have To Get Some Blood Tests Before Doing An Oophorectomy
Elective procedures: Elective surgical procedures, like a planned and scheduled oophorectomy, require less blood work than emergency procedures. The type of blood work is usually determined by both your surgeon and anesthesia provider, and depends on your age and other health issues. So answer is, depends on a few things. If you have recent blood work from your primary doc, share it. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Progesterone: By removing one ovary, your progesterone production was greatly reduced. This allows your remaining estrogen production to build up the lining of your uterus thicker and also does not counter estrogen's tendency to cause clots. By supplementing your progesterone on days 13-27b of your cycle his should resolve. Contact your nearest comppounding pharmacy to find a doctor that can help you. ...Read more
total hysterectomy with unilateral oophorectomy on July 3. Pain with urination, blood in urine with neg culture. Bleeding red blood. Normal?
Here are some ...: If what you have felt since the surgery has not gradually improved as usually expected within 2 months after surgery despite no UTI as cultured, you would need a cystoscopy to make sure of no inadvertent surgical injury to bladder, though not common but possible. So, contact your surgeon timely for detail. Best wish ... ...Read more
Usually: Not.Get a more detailed answer ›
Yes: A thoracotomy is a specialized procedure to get into your chest. Coagulation tests should be acceptable to minimize the risk of bleeding. Usually your lung function should be available if high risk morbidities (risks) & a baseline oxygenation (oxymetry). Unless a risk for cardiac problem that is enough. ...Read more
No: Sweat chloride testing at an accredited testing center is the standard way to diagnose cystic fibrosis. You do not have to get any other tests first to make the results of the sweat chloride test valid or meaningful. However, if your symptoms suggest cystic fibrosis, you might have had several tests first, including a chest x-ray and possibly blood work for pneumonia and/or diarrhea. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do i have to get some blood tests before doing an abg?
- Do i have to get some blood tests before doing an endoscopy?
- Do i have to get some blood tests before doing a sweat test?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do i have to get some blood tests before doing an in vitro fertilization?
- Do i have to get some blood tests before doing an endometrial ablation?
- Do i have to get some blood tests before doing a b12 test?
- Do i have to get some blood tests before doing a botox injections?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free