Doctor insights on:
Do I Have To Get Some Blood Tests Before Doing An Abg
Usually: Not.Get a more detailed answer ›
Yes: A thoracotomy is a specialized procedure to get into your chest. Coagulation tests should be acceptable to minimize the risk of bleeding. Usually your lung function should be available if high risk morbidities (risks) & a baseline oxygenation (oxymetry). Unless a risk for cardiac problem that is enough. ...Read more
Elective procedures: Elective surgical procedures, like a planned and scheduled oophorectomy, require less blood work than emergency procedures. The type of blood work is usually determined by both your surgeon and anesthesia provider, and depends on your age and other health issues. So answer is, depends on a few things. If you have recent blood work from your primary doc, share it. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
No: Sweat chloride testing at an accredited testing center is the standard way to diagnose cystic fibrosis. You do not have to get any other tests first to make the results of the sweat chloride test valid or meaningful. However, if your symptoms suggest cystic fibrosis, you might have had several tests first, including a chest x-ray and possibly blood work for pneumonia and/or diarrhea. ...Read more
Yes: A doctor will usually want a few simple blood tests to make sure you do not have some potential for bleeding prior to a thoracentesis. It depends a lot on what medications you are currently taking, especailly blood thinning medications and your general level of health at the time of the thoracentesis. A protime test and a blood count are typical tests to do prior. ...Read more
No: A B12 test is a blood test, and is done at the same time. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do i have to get some blood tests before doing an endoscopy?
- Do i have to get some blood tests before doing a sweat test?
- Do i have to get some blood tests before doing a puva treatment?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do i have to get some blood tests before doing an endometrial ablation?
- Do i have to get some blood tests before doing a b12 test?
- Do i have to get some blood tests before doing a botox injections?
- Do i have to get some blood tests before doing a laser treatment of leg veins?
- Talk to a pathologist online for free