Doctor insights on:
Do Girls In Undeveloped Countries Have Menarche Later
Why don't girls grow taller than guys?does the production of growth hormone decreases after menarche?can i still grow taller if i reduce wt.?girl, 20
Genetics/no: Girls can expect 2.5 inches (5cm) of additional height after menarche. Menarche influence the hormonal closure of the growth centers, and once closed, no further growth is possible. Males hit their growth spurt later and generally finish linear growth at a later age. Their pre-programmed growth pattern (genes) make them taller. ...Read more
Dropping: The age at which a girl has the first period depend in several factors. Proper thyroid function and a certain ratio of body fat are necessary. With the increase in calories in modern society, this age is ever younger. In the U.S. , for african american girls closer to 8.5 years old . For other ethnic groups it's closer to 9. ...Read more
A few: Some genetic problems can result in never having menarche...Absence of uterus and or ovaries can definitely affect it. Anorexia prior to menarche could delay it...We don't usually worry until 15-16 and no periods then do ultrasounds to make sure uterus and ovaries are present and chromosomal testing. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- When do girls stop growing in height
- I have a large pimple in my right ear lobe how do i get rid of it
- Why do i have pain in shoulder arm and neck left side?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Till what age do girls grow in height
- Why do i have a pimple in my ear?
- Why do i have a bad taste in my mouth?
- Why do you get a strange taste in your mouth when you have a cold or flu?
- Talk to a pediatrician online