Doctor insights on:
Do Doctors See A Lot Of Patients With Lsd Abuse
LSD Use.: We see about 50-60% of addicted patients abuse alcohol, about 30-40% abuse opioid pain medication, and less than 2% use all hallucinogens, with lsd being one of the more common ones used. Compared to all patients with addictions or dependence, we see very few who admit to using lsd. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Alcohol and other substance abuse is very common, oftentimes a patient will see their doctor about a minor problem and they may be there, whether they realize it or not, to get help with substance abuse. Denial is a major symptom, and the diagnosis of alcoholism requires an thorough history and the development of trust from your patient. Once that occurs, healing can begin. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I am a psych patient and i've started abusing animals. Does privilege apply or does my doctor have to report me? I want help but not police trouble.
Yes: We do monitor patients likely to abuse pain medications. Some clinics require to sign an agreement not to go to any other doctor for pain meds or abuse otherwise. Pain clinics perform urine tests to make sure patients are taking medications as prescribed. Pharmacists have the responsibility to inform doctors if there is a suspicion of abuse/ forgery of prescriptions etc. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Might it be that a a doc turn his patient in for alcohol or drug abuse to the police or social services?
No: The exception is when you are a immediate danger to others ie drive to clinic visit drunk and you were going to drive home. ...Read more
Should a patient w/CHF, kidney failure, and lung failure w/30 yr. alcohol abuse history be told by their doctor that continuing alcohol will kill them?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do doctors see a lot of patients with contusion?
- Do doctors see a lot of patients with thyroiditis?
- Do doctors see a lot of patients with psychogenic illness?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do doctors see a lot of patients with urine retention?
- Do doctors see a lot of patients with hemophilia?
- Do doctors see a lot of patients with flea bites?
- Do doctors see a lot of patients with polyphagia?
- Talk to an addiction specialist online for free