Doctor insights on:
Do Doctors See A Lot Of Patients With Empyema
My sister had pleural empyema in a collapsed lung. The doctor avoided thoracotomy as being underweight, she might not cope with the anesthesia. What should I do?
No: Most office based physicians rarely see serious rhabdomyolisis. A small number of patients on certain prescription medications will develop muscle aches and can be diagnosed and readily treated. Serious rhabdomyolisis, typically caused by severe muscle injury, hyperthermia or other serious illnesses are uncommon, but are almost always seen in emergency rooms. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Wound foreign body: Even in a typical wound center seeing hundreds of patients each month, a wound with a foreign body is not a usual occurrence. Foreign bodies can be of three general varieties: human induced, as with stitches and staples left from surgery; accidental, as with gardening maladies; and exotic, as with cutis calcinosis, an abnormal healing process where the base of the wound calcifies. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Sometimes: The retina has only nerves of vision - so when stimulated in any way, sees light flashes. This is most commonly due to age related changes in the fluids of the eye but can be one symptoms of retinal detachment. If persistent, and you also have a lot of floaters, or the vision becomes changed, see your eye doctor right away. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
It Depends: Polyphagia essentially means excessive eating because of increased appetite. There are usually 2 main reasons a pediatric endocrinologist is asked to see a patient with polyphagia: 1) when the excessive caloric intake causes excessive weight gain, or, 2) when a patient loses weight despite the increase in caloric intake. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do doctors see a lot of patients with ureaplasma urealyticum infection?
- Do doctors see a lot of patients with spermatocele?
- Do doctors see a lot of patients with ascites?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do doctors see a lot of patients with finger pulp infection?
- Do doctors see a lot of patients with renal infarction?
- Do doctors see a lot of patients with cervical lymphadenopathy?
- Do doctors see a lot of patients with pruritus ani?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free