Doctor insights on:
Do Dark Socks With Foot Wounds Cause Blood Poisoning
Toxic ingestion (also called "poisoning") is a condition in which a person has eaten or drank a substance that causes ill symptoms or damage to his body. Taking an overdose of a medicine, taking any dose of a poison, drinking too much vodka, or accidentally drinking antifreeze. . . are all ...Read more
Yes: Sepsis does happen from toe infection. If and when the infection gets into the joints of your toes, since they are highly vascular, you increase the chance of sepsis or infection spreading through your blood. So see you doctor or podiatrist as soon as possible for antibiotic treatment and evaluation. You may need IV antibiotics and hospitalization if the infection is severe. ...Read more
Infections!: Blood poisoning is really a term for blood stream infections by bacteria. Anyone can get a blood stream infection from a skin infection, pneumonia, urinary tract infection, or any route that bacteria are introduced into the blood stream. This can happen with simple tooth brushing or be as obvious as injecting drugs into the blood stream. ...Read more
Yes: Rare but yes.Get a more detailed answer ›
They usually don't: Usually, wasp stings don't cause sepsis, or blood poisoning. But, if you don't feel right after any insect sting or bite, you should definitely get seen right away or go to an ER. ...Read more
Septicemia: Septicemia is a serious, life-threatening infection that gets worse very quickly. It can arise from infections throughout the body, including infections in the lungs, abdomen, and urinary tract. It may come before or at the same time as these infections. ...Read more
Yes it can: If an infective agent travels to the blood stream and spreads, it could cause what is called sepsis. With sepsis the body is greatly challenged to fight the infection. In severe cases the patient may go into multi-organ failure, shock, or even death. Have it evaluated and get the appropriate treatment. ...Read more
Yes: Many people refer to sepsis as "blood poisoning". It means that bacteria and/or fungi have invaded the blood stream allowing them to travel to many internal organs like the heart or the brain. If untreated a person with this condition may go into septic shock. Antibiotic treatment is needed to treat this condition along with careful monitoring in the hospital. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Tattoo: It could be so please get it examined ...Read more
See a dermatologist: It is difficult to make a proper diagnosis since I am not there to see the condition. I recommend seeing a dermatologist so that they can make a proper diagnosis and give you something to get rid of the condition or relieve symptoms. ...Read more
No...: I think you meant a spread of infection from a localized abscess to become systemic through circulation. The incidence is very rare but it could happen. You would have fever or chill, feeling sick or malaise, and with blood test there would be a raise in white blood cell. Check up with your doctor. Relax and do not over worrying! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Septic shock usually resolves in 24-48 hours, but may persist for a longer period if the infection is not under control, an abcess is lurking, or the heart and lungs were injured in the initial collapse. Talk to your ICU doctor and see what they are doing to turn around the septic shock, or if the illness is simply a recovery from severe injury (lung, heart, kidney, liver, etc). ...Read more
See your doctor: "blood poisoning" is not an issue for self diagnosis or self treatment. Please see your doctor. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- Difficulty putting sock on foot
- Foot darker
- How do compression socks help with swelling?
- Do potatoes in sock draw fever out?
- What to do to treat dark spots caused by acne?
- Does wearing wet socks cause a fever?
- What do you use to remove blood froma wound?
- Nail wound in foot
- Foot dark