Top
20
Doctor insights on: Do Birth Control Pills Have The Same Symptoms As Pregnancy

Share
Dr. Hirenkumar Italia
1 Doctor shared a insight

Birth Control Pills (Definition)

Also known as oral contraceptives, birth control pills are highly effective oral medications that use hormones to prevent pregnancy. There are two main types of birth control pills: one with estrogen and progestin (also known as the combination pill) and one with just progestin. The two main ways they prevent pregnancy are: 1) The hormones thicken the cervical mucous, which keeps sperm from entering the uterus on their way to the egg; and 2) By maintaining a level of hormone in the blood stream that prevents the ...Read more


3

3
What are the chances of my birth control pills and my partner's vasectomy failing at the same time to result in pregnancy?

What are the chances of my birth control pills and my partner's vasectomy failing at the same time to result in pregnancy?

About 0: The chances of two excellent contraceptive methods failing at the same time are about zero, mathematically rounded off, of course. No worries. It is very, very rare for a guy with a successful vasectomy (got his semen checked some weeks after the surgery) to be able to start a pregnancy. ...Read more

4

4
How likely is use of birth control pills (taken at the same time each day and NEVER missed) and withdrawal to result in a pregnancy?

How likely is use of birth control pills (taken at the same time each day and NEVER missed) and withdrawal to result in a pregnancy?

3%-5%: The change of pregnancy on combination Estrogen/Progesterone birth control pills with perfect use is about 3% per year. With typical use, meaning you are not always at the same time each day and occasionally miss pills, the pregnancy rate is around 5% per year. Best wishes! ...Read more

6

6
Can you rely only on birth control pills when having sex to prevent pregnancy? With the same partner and never missing a pill.

Can you rely only on birth control pills when having sex to prevent pregnancy? With the same partner and never missing a pill.

Should: If taking properly, birth control pills are very effective, upwards of 99% effective. Other medications though, like antibiotics, may decrease the effectiveness of them and there are rare cases of pregnancy despite taking the pill. Chances are in you r favor of not being pregnant if taking the pill appropriately. ...Read more

Dr. Jie Xu Dr. Xu
1 doctor agreed:
8

8
I missed 2 birth control pills, was sexually active during that time. I have been menstruating for 10 days now. I have pregnancy symptoms. What's wrong?

Dr. Jie Xu Dr. Xu
1 doctor agreed:
I missed 2 birth control pills, was sexually active during that time. I have been menstruating for 10 days now. I have pregnancy symptoms. What's wrong?

Pregnancy test: Take a urine pregnancy test. If negative, the bleeding might be from the two days that you missed which may have caused the uterine lining to become unstable. You can take your pills twice daily for 5 to 10 days to stabilize the lining, then once daily. Skip the placebo pills for this pack and start new pack right after. Treat the new pack normally. Let your doctor know. Good luck! ...Read more

9

9
I missed three of my birth control pills in the same week. One of the day's was a Friday and I had unprotected sex. The next day I started bleeding a light flow. Would I be at risk for a pregnancy? Also, if I didn't take any pills the following week and h

Yes: Oral contraceptives are highly effective when used properly. Only 3 in 1000 women using OCPs will become pregnant in a year of perfectly consistent use, ie, taking 1 pill at the same time every day. BUT, OCPs as they are typically used are frequently associated with unintended pregnancy because of missed pills. It is very possible that you are pregnant because you missed 3 of 5 pills in one week. ...Read more

10

10
Took birth control pills 2 mnths ago. Got 1st mnth period but this mnth delayed. Pregnancy test negative. What can be the symptoms for 2 mnth pregnent?

Took birth control pills 2 mnths ago. Got 1st mnth period but this mnth delayed. Pregnancy test negative. What can be the symptoms for 2 mnth pregnent?

Get nausea, vomiting: Delay in period for 1 week or so and negative pregnancy test does not suggest anything. You may get your period or if you do not get period, do another pregnancy test to know for sure. At 2 month pregnant women may not feel anything odd or may have nausea and vomiting ...Read more

14

14
Can you take aygestin to delay a period at the same time as birth control pills to prevent pregnancy?

Can you take aygestin to delay a period at the same time as birth control pills to prevent pregnancy?

Yes: The mixture may lead to heavier bleeding when you stop!
Hope this is helpful
Dr Z ...Read more

15

15
Could birth control pills have same effect on hormones as an actual pregnancy?

Could birth control pills have same effect on hormones as an actual pregnancy?

OCPs: The hormonal milieu while taking birth control pills is sometimes referred to as 'pseudopregnancy'. ...Read more

16

16
Can birth control pills affect pregnancy?

If you are already: Pregnant, you should stop the oral contraceptive but it will not terminate an on-going pregnancy. ...Read more

18

18
Can pregnancy still occur when you're on birth control pills?

Can pregnancy still occur when you're on birth control pills?

Only 1% chance: Birth control pills are 99% effective in preventing pregnancy, only 1% chance it may not be effective even if taken as prescribed. ...Read more

20

20
I want to know if taking birth control pills at a different time every night increases risk of pregnancy.

Birth control.: Birth control pills should be taken regularly at the same time. But it is not an absolute guarantee for prevention of pregnancy. ...Read more

Dr. Qamar Khan
4 Doctors shared insights

Pregnancy (Definition)

When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more


Dr. Jeff Livingston
2,394 Doctors shared insights

Contraception (Definition)

Contraceptiion is a means of preventing conception (or fertilization). There are hormonal and non hormonal methods of preventing sperm and egg from meeting. Talk to your doctor or clinic about what options are best for you. There are short acting methods (condoms, pills, patch, ring) and long ...Read more