Doctor insights on:
Do Bananas Make You Constipated
If a person suffers from constipation, does bananas make it worse, so many diff answers some say yes there a binding agent, some say depends on ripness?
It depends...: In researching this i found a lot of conflicting information. The consensus is that ripe bananas in moderation help treat constipation but unripe bananas &/or lots of bananas worsen constipation. Another idea is that if you are "cold" from a chinese medicine perspective then bananas will worsen constipation, but if you have "excess heat" then bananas will help. So it depends on several factors... ...Read more
Usually neither: Usually neither one.Get a more detailed answer ›
I started my 5 month old on oatmeal with banana. She is now constipated - is there a better food to start?
6 months old baby started eating organic made baby food. Now is constipated.she's had sweet potatoes, banana, Apple's, peas, squash, zucchini. ?
They can: I often use bananas as a natural therapy in infants to firm up their runny poo. Along with pasta, apples, bread & some cheeses, these foods tend to slow the stool as it moves thru the intestines.The effect tends to be volume related, so a little may not constipate while a lot may. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Constipation: Yes, bananas are constipating.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do antibiotics make you constipated?
- Do peanuts make you constipated?
- Do grapes make you constipated?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do almonds make you constipated?
- Do potatoes make you constipated?
- Do tums make you constipated?
- Do beans make you constipated?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online