Doctor insights on:
Do Babies Grow Out Of Need For Burping
Swallowing air: All humans burp. Its a fact of life. We swallow air along with our food and when we swallow a lot, some of it may come back out in the form of a burp. You only notice in a baby because they arent good at it and so it stands out more dramatically than in older kids. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
When time is right: Most parents stop burping their babies between ages of 4 to 6 to 9 months. When babies start to burp on their own after having a bottle, signal you can try and stop burping. Often when babies sit up unsupported they are able to burp on their own so you can stop burping them. Babies who tend to have a lot of gas or reflux will sometimes need to be burped until they are older ...Read more
No specific: no specific time. Usually when the baby starts eating solid food around 6 months, the need for burping goes down ...Read more
My baby is a week n a day old , n when i'ma done feeding in burping him milk come out though nose is this something i need to take him to doctor for?
Wet burps: As gross as it is this can happen in infants & results more from the force of their wet burps than anything wrong. Babies have no sense of social awareness & are not aware that such a maneuver grosses us out. They are fully capable of doing this anytime. If the kid is willing to eat again within 10-15 min you can be assured they are not sickly. ...Read more
It can vary: It is impossible to tell how many taps it may take to make a baby burp. ...Read more
Find what works : There are many ways. From putting the baby in your shoulder to sitting him on your lap and pat his back. Mid feed or post feed, the important thing is finding what works for you and your baby. Breastfed infants tend to burp less than bottle fed babies. If your baby has not belched after five minutes of trying you may want to let the baby sit at a 45 degree angle for several minutes. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do babies grow out of acid reflux?
- What kind of doctor do i need to see for genital warts?
- If i start taking lexapro do i need to take it for the rest of my life
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I have been out of shape since having my baby what can i do to get back in it
- How do i grow out of agoraphobia caused by overprotective parenting?
- Do i need to take my child out of school if they have lice?
- What type of doctor do i need to see for interstitial cystitits?
- Talk to a pediatrician online