Doctor insights on:
Do Babies Get Strep Throat
Depends on situation: Babies who have close exposure to a strep carrier can develop an infection if the back of the nose & upper airway leading to high fever, loss of appetite & sometimes a rash. They can also carry the germ in the same locations without symptoms ir infection. Their tonsils are rather small & less likely to be the main focus of any strep issue until after 2 or so. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Although uncommon for babies to be diagnosed with strep throat, certainly anything is possible! strep is generally passed from one victim to another by direct contact or through infected droplets of naso-oral secretions. Most caretakers are cautious around newborns, understanding that these little ones can be at risk. But, if dad--with strep throat--"parked" junior's pacifier in his mouth, well... ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why do i keep getting strep throat?
- What is strep throat and how do you get it?
- Do you get a fever with strep throat?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do i know if my baby has strep throat?
- Constantly getting strep throat
- Strep throat not getting better
- Head pressure and sore throat where do i get tested for strep throat
- Talk to a pediatrician online