Doctor insights on:
Do Artificial Sweeteners Cause Bladder Cancer
The bladder is a muscular organ in the pelvis that accepts urine from the kidneys, stores the urine at low pressure, & expels the urine during voluntary voiding. Though seemingly a simple reservoir, the bladder is a complex organ intricately connected with the brain and spinal cord with sensory, motor, and autonomic circuits. The muscular layer that contracts during voids ...Read more
Several factors...: Smoking tobacco increases your risk of bladder cancer by causing harmful chemicals to accumulate in your urine. Chemicals linked to bladder cancer risk include arsenic and chemicals used in the manufacture of dyes, rubber, leather, textiles and paint products. Urinary schistosomiasis (a parasitic infection endemic in egypt, africa and the middle east) is associated with bladder cancer. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Carcinogens: Just like lung cancer and smoking, there is association between bladder cancer and smoking. The carcinogens taken up by the body are excreted into the urine which was held in the bladder and all those chemicals can then act on the lining of the bladder to cause cancer. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Sugar substitute is also known as Artificial sweeteners. Sugar subsitites are chemicals that taste like sugar but have no calories and do not change blood sugar when consumed, they include: saccharine, aspartame (equal) sucralose (splenda), and stevia only the ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do artificial sweeteners cause gas?
- Do artificial sweeteners cause belly fat?
- Does artificial sweetener cause cancer?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do takis chips cause cancer?
- Do antibiotics cause lower back pain and a bladder infection?
- Do energy drinks cause cancer?
- Do bladder infections cause itching?
- Talk to a urologist online for free