Doctor insights on:
Do Any Young Wilson Disease Patients Die
Why do wilson disease patient have a low ceruloplasmin level? Is it due to wilson disease itself or low production by liver?
Im a patient of wilson disease and I want to know if natural alkaline water pH 9.1 to 9.7 will help me to combat this disease or if normal waterissame?
Can a carrier (heterozygote) of the wilson disease gene donate part of his/her liver tissue for a living related donor transplant to a patient?
Yes: Wilsons disease is a disease of copper storage. It is genetically linked. Generally speaking people who are heterozygous (are only carriers) can donate their part of thier livers. People who are heterozygous are carriers and don't have wilson's disease themselves. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Don't self-treat: Usually an oral medicine to manage copper is all that's required. Be very wary of "alternative and complementary" remedies in this very serious illness, and discuss anything you may be using with your gastroenterologist. I'm going to assume you have real Wilson's and not the "pop" Wilson syndrome, which is not a real illness. Best wishes. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Sam Wilson MD: 1878–1937, first described it and named it hepatolenticular degeneration. Perhaps the most treacherous diagnosis in general medicine, and unfortunately is still missed, which is bad because it's quite easy to manage and horrible if missed. There is also a bogus "wilson's disease" -- lay people are invited to self-diagnose as having subtle thyroid disease; no scientific basis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long do wilson disease patients live?
- Any other diseases similar to wilson disease
- Which iuds are safe for wilson disease patients
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Wilson's disease
- What do dementia patients die from?
- Do people always die young if they have sickle cell anemia?
- Do all hepatitis b patients die of chirosis of the liver or cancer of the liver?
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free