Doctor insights on:
Do Antidepressants Make Men Less Fertile
Yes; risk vs benefit: Many men are prescribed these drugs. They may have some effects on male fertility and can affect sperm quality (count, motility, normal forms, dna integrity). Many patients have sexual side effects including low sex drive or ed with antidepressants, but depression itself is also a cause of male sexual problems. Talk to both your prescribing md and fertility dr: all drugs are "risk versus benefits". ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can antipsychotics or antidepressants shrink a mans testes? I experienced this after taking risperdal and was certain that it was risperdal.
No such List: Many people gain weight once their depression is treated because being depressed made them eat less or not have good nutrition. All anti-depressin medications thus can 'cause' or 'allow' weight gain. Weight gain is a potential listed side effect of all anti-depression medications. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does alcoholism make men less fertile?
- Does smoking marijuana make men less fertile?
- Are men with spina bifida less fertile?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does premature ejaculation make a man less fertile?
- Do antidepressant make you gain weight?
- Do antidepressants make you lose or gain weight?
- Do you get less fertile the closer to your period?
- Talk to a psychiatrist online for free