Doctor insights on:
Do Antibiotics Make You Tired
After typhoid treatment of 7 days i am still feeling chill and tiredness some times (but no fever), should i continue with the antibiotic (from asia)?
Accurate diagnosis?: The question is how was typhoid diagnosed? If by culture, then maybe it is resistant to the antibiotic prescribed. Another possibility is that you're getting better slowly (a temperature chart would be helpful). If no culture was done or the culture was negative, then maybe it's not typhoid. ...Read more
Antibiotics: Fatigue can be caused by many factors, and if you are wondering if the antibiotics caused the fatigue it is possible. Underlying infection can also cause fatigue, as can anemia, thyroid disease, cardiac problems, and many other things. To narrow down the diagnosis it is worth seeing your primary care doctor. ...Read more
Yes, it can happen: I've certainly experienced it and so have my patients. I think it often is masked by the fatigue symptoms of the condition for which it is prescribed. Also, i think the new exotic super strong antibiotics might be even more likely to do this than the old penicillin. Some innocent bacteria, etc. Get killed by the drug like unintended war casualties and can imbalance your systems a bit. Get well! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Take amoxillin 500 antibiotics. Cause me nosebleeding and make me very tired. Should i stop to take it ?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why do antibiotics make you tired?
- Do antibiotics make you constipated?
- Do antibiotics make you weak?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do antibiotics make you sweat?
- Do antibiotics make you bloated?
- Do antibiotics make you lose weight?
- Do antibiotics make you fart?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online