Doctor insights on:
Do All Virgins Have Dyspareunia
For both men and women, pain can occur in the pelvic area during or soon after sexual intercourse. It can happen at any time during sex -- for example, at the time of penetration, erection, or ejaculation -- or after sexual activity. Eventually, ongoing pain may cause a person to lose interest in any sexual activity. The medical term ...Read more
Good question: Dyspareunia is pain in the pevlic area associated with intercourse not due to some other primary pain. Vagnismus is not well defined, but is believed to be involuntary pelvic muscle contraction (even though studies have not corroborated this) which prevents penetration. Vaginismus is always associated with dyspareunia but not the other way around. ...Read more
Could a person suffer of dyspareunia physically after a force intercourse or is it more like a mental problem?
Can be both: There can be physical and emotional/mental injuries with forced intercourse. This is rape, and is also a crime. Please tell your doctor about what you experienced, and get a gentle examination to make sure any physical injuries are treated. Your doctor can also help you get help for the emotional aftermath. Not only can this show up in pain syndromes, but also tension, hypervigilance, & more. ...Read more
Can i still have sex if I have dyspareunia? How can I make it more comfortable. I have very bad anxiety could this be the cause? I sarted takin Zoloft
Painful sex: You can try antidepressants, like zoloft. I also recommend masturbation with a small sex toy, and see if you have the symptoms. Then work your way up to larger toys. If you are able to do so, you may need to see a thearpist who specializes in sexual dysfunction. To see if you have underlying issues with your partner. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do all men grow facial hair or some never have it?
- Do all down syndrome babies have the simian crease?
- Why do i have a rash all over my body?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do all women have implantation bleeding after conception?
- Why do i have loose stools all the time?
- Im a virgin why do i have a discharge from penis
- Why do i burp all the time after having bariatric gastric sleeve surgery?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free