Doctor insights on:
Do All Ticks Have Lyme Disease
YES: About half of those with lyme don't recall being bitten by a tick. There is strong evidence that borrelia burgdorferi, the lyme bacteria, can be spread by biting flies- see http://www.Nejm.Org/doi/full/10.1056/nejm199006143222415 many believe it can also be spread by mosquitoes, fleas & spiders, though this is unproven. Many feel it can be sexually transmitted & spread by moms to babies in utero. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Lyme is caused by borrelia burgdorferi. Acute symptoms can include bullseye rash, headaches, joint pain, fever, and flu like sx. Chronic symptoms can include fibromyalgia symptoms, nerve pain in extremities, mood swings, brain fog, heart problems. Lab diagnosis is not very reliable, and sometimes clinical ...Read more
Symptoms after bite: About half the time one will get a bulls-eye rash, a red ring surrounding the bite, appearing 3-30 days after the bite. This is a clear sign of lyme. Also, lyme usually causes flu-like symptoms like muscle aches, fever and headache within days of the bite. Be aware that ticks may carry other infections besides lyme, such as babesia, bartonella, ehrlichiosis and rocky mountain spotted fever. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A little tick: Do on-line and see what a tick looks like. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do all deer ticks carry lyme disease?
- Do all ticks carry lyme disease?
- Once you have lyme disease do you always have it
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do all men grow facial hair or some never have it?
- Do all down syndrome babies have the simian crease?
- Why do i have a rash all over my body?
- I have a rash all over the left side of my face what should i do
- Talk to a travel medicine specialist online for free