Doctor insights on:
Do All People With Mono Have Enlarged Spleen And Lymph Glands
Most: There are many variations in the clinical manifestations of mono and it may not cause any symptoms. Most people with clinical mono do have enlargements of lymph nodes, spleen and liver and these subside on their own with the natural resolution of the infection in an otherwise healthy person. ...Read more
Tender, soreness b/t left rib cage & hip. Enlarged spleen? Sore throat, swollen lymph nodes. Should i get checked for mono, or is this something else
I was diagnosed with mono 4 days ago. And my spleen is enlarged. Will it go down on its own? Is garlic good for an enlarged spleen?
SPLENOMEGALY: CAUSES: Many: though not that common. Typhoid, septicemia, abscess/cyst in spleen, some viral infection, malaria, toxoplasma infection; hemolytic anemias- e.g. Thalassemia, sickle cell anemia, hereditary spherocytosis; lymphoma, leukemia; some metabolic diseases; liver cirrhosis with portal vein hypertension; sarcoidosis; rheumatoid arthritis. Sound scary, if feeling too sick, check with your doctor. ...Read more
Can i get advice? I've got and enlarged spleen but no mono and blood test look ok what could it be?
Do some children gets an enlarged spleen with all viruses? My son already had mono but he seems to get a slightly enlarged spleen whenever he's sick.
Not with all viruses: Mononucleosis does cause splenic enlargement but all viruses do not cause splenic enlargement.But there are others beside the Ebstein Barr Virus which causes mononucleosis.Cytomegalo virus causes it.But you say it get enlarged whenever he is sick.I suggest you discuss with your pediatrician if it is of concern.If it goes down after his illness .then I see no problem.Discuss with his Pediatrician ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can you do if you have an enlarged spleen and liver?
- I have mono and my spleen is enlarged can it get larger overtime
- Do all people with bipolar disorder also have a rapid speech disorder?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What did you do if you have an enlarged spleen and liver?
- Due enlarged spleens have anything to do with prostate cancer
- Do you get enlarged groin lymph nodes when you have genital warts?
- Do people with alpha thalassemia trait commonly have intestinal problems?
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free