Doctor insights on:
Do All Down Syndrome Children Have Short Stature
Down syndrome is the classic presentation clinically of the congenital malformation syndrome also known as Trisomy 21. Classic features may include simian creases, epicanthal folds, upslanting palpebral fissures, flat nasal bridge, hypertelorism, low set ears, endocardial cushion defects of the heart, atlanto-axial joint instability, blood ...Read more
Is it possible for a baby to be born a dwarf and also have down syndrome? How rare is a down dwarf?
Excedingly rare: I had occasion many years ago to investigate such a situation & needed to find answers for why some kids with ds chromosomes (t21) had totally different physical features. Run the numbers: achondroplasia (common new mutation dwarf) @ 1/15, 000 x 1/1700 (risk of ds @ 21)=1/25, 000, 000. ...Read more
Syndromes: The first that comes to my mind is turner's syndrome. Affecting females with a single x chromosome. ...Read more
My first child has a downsyndrome is it possible that my next future children will have down syndrome if i will get pregnant with the same guy?
Depends: Traditional 21 trisomy has a cited recurrence risk of 1%, regardless of the male. If the child has a variant form of DS caused by a translocation, the risk is much higher.This can all be worked out with a genetic counselor. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- All syndrome short stature
- Short stature joint dislocation syndrome
- Do all down syndrome babies have the simian crease?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do all down syndrome look the same?
- Can a down syndrome person have children?
- Can a person with down syndrome have normal children?
- Do down syndrome people have down syndrome babies?
- Talk to a pediatrician online