Doctor insights on:
Disulfiram Like Reaction
See below: Disulfiram is approved as a treatment for alcohol dependence. It works by interfering with the breakdown of alcohol leading to an accumulation of acetaldehyde which causes nausea and flushing. It also seems to slow metabolism of Dopamine which has led to its having a small role in Cocaine dependence. ...Read more
Why?: you planning on drinking on it? Bad idea, since the reaction can be so immediate and nasty that there isn't time for an antidote. If you are the person on antabuse, the only reason to want to counteract it would be to drink, and that would be BAD for you, so I am not going to say. But there ISNT anything to counteract it you can use to safely drink. An Antabuse reaction can be treated with meds. ...Read more
Yes: There are no drug interactions between these medications. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Causes of disulfiram like reaction
- What does an allergic reaction rash look like?
- Allergic reaction that looks like mosquito bites
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does an allergic reaction to antibiotics look like?
- Allergic reaction that looks like acne
- What does an allergic reaction to shellfish look like?
- What does an allergic reaction to amoxicillin look like?
- Talk to an addiction specialist online for free