Doctor insights on:
Dissection Syndrome Other Causes
What causes an aortic dissection and what can I do to prevent one from happening to myself or another person?
HTN and CVD: Most aortic dissections occur in people with poorly controlled blood pressure and cardiovascular disease. Rarely they occur to people with connective tissue disorders or congenital cardiac abnormalities. Prevention is best. Do not smoke, keep blood pressure well controlled, regular exercise, and a healthy diet will serve you well, and get checked often if there is presence of the disease in family ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Chronic and acute: It is usually an acute event in a chronically hypertensive patient or a patient with a chronic disease of the aorta like marfans disease. There is no absolute number but the higher the blood pressure multiplied by the time the blood pressure is elevated isthe most important parameter. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can neck dissection, rad, and chemo cause after effects like swelling, numbness, and trouble swallowing.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What type of mutation causes down syndrome?
- Causes of sore breasts other than pregnancy
- Can piriformis syndrome cause knee pain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are cellulitis and strep throat related can one cause the other?
- Causes of one breast larger than the other
- What would cause breasts to swell and fill up other than pregnancy?
- Boob hurts with sore and sensitive nipples any other causes besides pregnancy
- Can boils and other bacteri infections be caused by drug use as meth?