Doctor insights on:
Dissection Syndrome Other Causes
What causes an aortic dissection and what can I do to prevent one from happening to myself or another person?
HTN and CVD: Most aortic dissections occur in people with poorly controlled blood pressure and cardiovascular disease. Rarely they occur to people with connective tissue disorders or congenital cardiac abnormalities. Prevention is best. Do not smoke, keep blood pressure well controlled, regular exercise, and a healthy diet will serve you well, and get checked often if there is presence of the disease in family ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Chronic and acute: It is usually an acute event in a chronically hypertensive patient or a patient with a chronic disease of the aorta like marfans disease. There is no absolute number but the higher the blood pressure multiplied by the time the blood pressure is elevated isthe most important parameter. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does aortic dissection cause hypovolemic shock?
- Syndrome appear terbinafine other antifungals
- Other causes of hot flashes
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Other causes for malar rash
- Extreme fatigue chronic syndrome other symptoms
- Exposure to others with hand foot mouth syndrome
- Pupil larger than other causes
- Causes of coronary artery dissection