Doctor insights on:
Hi, i'm 24 years old pretty healthy and have had a hole in my septum since i was 13, I have never used cocaine and i don't under stand why?
Numerous causes: Nasal septal perforation has many causes, including Cocaine abuse, chemical insult, septal surgery, trauma, and habitual nose picking. Diseases that can cause nasal perforation include syphilis, tuberculosis, sarcoidosis, cancer, and wegner's granulomatosis (a rare condition affecting the nasal tract). Perforation can cause nasal congestion, nasal drainage, and recurrent nosebleeds.Fromwww.Mdguid. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Can a septoplasty ever fail? I mean, after a while can the septum return to its old position from before the septoplasty?
This : This is a common concer for patients. The answer depends on how the septoplasty surgery was done to begin with. In my practice i usually remove the deviated cartilage and bone so there is no chance of the septum in that area to shift position. Cartilage does have memory so techniques that attempt to reposition the septal cartilage with scoring, etc don't have as high a success rate. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Deviated nasal septum
- Does deviated septum surgery change your nose?
- Should my nose be swollen for awhile after a deviated septum surgery
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Complex ovarian cyst with septum
- Bump on septum in nose
- Painful nasal septum
- Will using a nasal spray help treat a deviated septum
- How to fix a deviated septum without surgery?