Doctor insights on:
Diseases Caused By Penicillium
If allergic, yes: Aspergillus and penicillium molds (fungi) are very common and pose no threat to the healthy person. People prone to allergies can develop allergic disorders to these molds including allergic rhinitis, asthma, hypersensitivity pneumonitis, abpa. Persons with poor immunity (immune suppressed or compromised) can be at risk for infections. ...Read more
Depends: If kids are allergic to it or if there are excessively high levels in your home than it can cause problems. If it is incidentally present in your home at levels lower than outdoors, than it is probably not worrisome. If you are really concerned see a board certified allergist. ...Read more
I have what I consider a large amount of aspergillus/penicillium in my house and I have young kids. What are the health risks if we are healthy?
Molds: are ubiquitous,especially aspergillus and penicillium, present indoors and outdoors.If you believe u got an overload, you may want to clean your environment and keep it dry as much as you can.As for health effects,we are all exposed,the problem develops when our immune system can't have it anymore and starts reacting,this happens even with expected loads of molds present around us,wish u wellness ...Read more
I was exposed to penicillium aspergillus (they can't distinguish between them) what are the chances I was exposed to carcinogens?
Listen friend: Please forgive my frankness. There are carcinogens everywhere. They're in your stool. They're in the natural radioactivity of your own body. It's a fact of life. These molds are ubiquitous. People who eat a lot of very moldy peanuts are at extra risk for liver cancer. You're not. And you'll spoil the quality of your own life by reading "scare" stuff and not living fully. Don't do this to yourself ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Aspergillus/Penicillium mold in home fort past 15 years. what health effects should i be concerned about & can it be treated & are any fatal?
Many , yes, no: You may have no or many problems from this. If you're allergic to molds you'll get sinus symptoms,asthma etc. Even if not allergic if there is a lot of mold you may get toxic from mold spores causing fatigue,headaches, muscle/joint pain,poor memory/concentration etc. Most can clear mold toxins so feel better after a few days away. 1/4 can't clear toxins so need Rx. See https://tinyurl.com/9vvdfoe ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I was exposed over a period of 9 months to aspergillus/penicillium. My lungs are fine but I'm worried about the possible carcinogenic effects. Thanks?
Don't worry: Those molds are ubiquitous, indoors and outdoors, we are all exposed, some people develop hypersensitivity to their spores of different degrees, hence the development of allergy symptoms, or a reaction to colonization in certain individuals, which isn't your case. Aspergillus and penicillium are rather useful in some instances, in producing some antibiotics, best wishes ...Read more
Good question: Better be cautious, even if you consumed the blue cheese before, but mind you, allergy to amoxicllin, or to any drug, at times is rather a side effect not a true allergy, rash developing if you have viral illness and receive amoxicllin can be interpreted as allergic reaction, at any rate, try to avoid the blue cheese, keep an antihistaminic and an epinephrine pen handy, till you see an allergist ...Read more
Can someone describe the relationship between candida and mold exposure such as mycotoxins and aspergillus/penicillium?
I have bad asthma, was told by pcp that I have penicillium mold infection in lungs. How do I treat this which kind of dr should I see. ?
My adult neice living in bangor maine just learned that she has penicilium candida in her lungs. Is that a fatal disease? Its severe and she's worried
I have been exposed to aspergillius, cladosrorium, and pennicillium mold long term. And now that I am away my smell is sensitive...Is my body healing?
Here are...: Thus far, what we've known is as follows: The "scar formation" - Peyronie's plaque - interferes the proper shut-off of venous flow to maintain and sustain the high blood pressure inside corpora cavernosa as penile arteries inflow for erection. Besides, at age goes, many affected men may have some dysfunction of local vessels and nerves for regulating erection so ED ensues. More? Ask Doc timely. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Cause of comm diseas: Cause of communicable diseases? Illness transferred from one person to another by exchanging bodily fluids ,such as HIV, hepatitis. "germs" get 2 ur mouth from a sick person who touched something before u. Or in air from a cough or sneeze. Or food you eat prepared by one who did not wash hands after BM. Worms come thur feet/food. Ticks, fleas, etc can inject u when they bite u. Goggle this. ...Read more
Elephantiasis: Elephantiasis is the common name for filariasis, or infection by tropical parasitic larvae transmitted by mosquitoes. Filariasis is caused by nematodes (roundworms) that live in the lymphatics and subcutaneous tissues. There are at least 3 different species. It rarely causes death, but due to extreme swelling of body parts it causes much suffering ; disability. http://tinyurl.com/4mnoe. ...Read more
Google Question: On veterinarian disease.Get a more detailed answer ›