Doctor insights on:
Diseases Caused By Aspergillus Versicolor
See below: There are 3 main types of diseases caused by aspergillus sp. Allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis, aspergilloma and invasive pulmonary aspergillosis.
Usually: Aspergillus endocarditis is generally fatal without a combination of surgery and antifungal therapy.See 2 more doctor answers
If allergic, yes: Aspergillus and penicillium molds (fungi) are very common and pose no threat to the healthy person. People prone to allergies can develop allergic disorders to these molds including allergic rhinitis, asthma, hypersensitivity pneumonitis, abpa. Persons with poor immunity (immune suppressed or compromised) can be at risk for infections.
Aspergillus: There are many types of aspergillus. For those born to be allergic (about 20 to 30% of us) some forms of this mold are commonly found outdoors as well as indoors. If that is one the molds that you are allergic to realize that it is the second most common allergy (after dust mites). Reducing molds at home can be partially accomplished. http://www.idph.state.il.us/envhealth/factsheets/mold_reducing_.
Molds: Molds like Aspergillus thrive when there are * water *stagnant air * nutrient (especially wood fiber). Damaged dry wall, carpeting, and particle board etc must be removed. Keep house well ventilated and wipe off pooled water. Clorox may kill the molds but without the preventive measures, they will come back.
Yes: Piriteze=cetirizine 10mg =Zyrtec, is a very good antihistamine. It helps with any allergy. You don't mention what symptoms you have. If it is nasal allergy (hay fever), it will definitely help. If you have asthma with a condition called allergic bronchopulmonary Aspergillosis or allergic fungal sinusitis, then the treatment is totally different,and you need to see a board-certified allergist.
Moldy areas: Aspergillus is a mold and would be found in damp areas. Indoors it may be found it wet basements, areas where a roof might have leaked, or in wet soil in potted plants. Outdoors it may be found in mulch, piles of leaves or shady areas.See 1 more doctor answer
No: Aspergillus is a common fungus and the vast majority of individuals have no reaction or infection to aspergillus. Allergies to aspergillus mold are fairly common triggering allergic rhinitis and asthma. Some individuals become sensitized and have more problems with it like those with cystic fibrosis or abpa. People with immune suppression can become infected and it can be very serious.See 1 more doctor answer
Not really: Nobody suddenly becomes allergic to anything. Aspergillus commonly grows in damp, water-damaged homes. Several weeks or months of exposure to aspergillus is typically what induces allergy.
Depends: If kids are allergic to it or if there are excessively high levels in your home than it can cause problems. If it is incidentally present in your home at levels lower than outdoors, than it is probably not worrisome. If you are really concerned see a board certified allergist.
Aspergilus: fumigatus is a fungus, present everywhere, indoors and outdoors, more in damp/humid areas, some people are allergic to its microscopic size spores, the allergic inflammation itself is what causes the problem either in the upper airways (nasal cavity and sinuses) or the lower airways (bronchi) , ranges from simple to severe inflammation with different symptoms, and isn't contagious
I have what I consider a large amount of aspergillus/penicillium in my house and I have young kids. What are the health risks if we are healthy?
Molds: are ubiquitous,especially aspergillus and penicillium, present indoors and outdoors.If you believe u got an overload, you may want to clean your environment and keep it dry as much as you can.As for health effects,we are all exposed,the problem develops when our immune system can't have it anymore and starts reacting,this happens even with expected loads of molds present around us,wish u wellness
Through nose/mouth: this is a ubiquitous fungus present indoors and outdoors, everybody is exposed, some people though mount an immune response against it, actually it isn't an infection, rather a colonization that leads to exaggerated immune response which gives rise to the bothersome symptoms
Depends on the condition: If it is allergic rhinosinusitis or asthma due to increased sensitivity to such allergens, then avoidance, medical therapy and ultimately immunotherapy would be the treatment. If other conditions due to severe reaction to aspergillus in particular, or aspergillosis, either affecting upper or lower airways, so treatment is more extensive and rigorous follow up, wish you wellness
- Talk to a doctor online
- Diseases caused by aspergillus niger
- Cause of tinea versicolor
- What causes tinea versicolor?
- What causes pityriasis versicolor?
- Tinea versicolor causes
- Endocarditis caused aspergillus treated antifungal medication
- What is the survival rate of endocarditis caused by aspergillus?
- Can tinea versicolor cause yeast infections?
- Treatments for aspergillus versicolor