Doctor insights on:
Disease That Affects The Respiratory System
Diseases lungs,gut: There are a great number of diseases that can attack these organ systems. This is a very complex question. You need to ask more specific questions. ...Read more
Very few: Bronchitis and pneumonia are the major causes of "colored sputum". However the color is not adequate indication of what the etiology is and so for some years is not thought helpful unless it is bloody and then cancer, TB and other major diseases need to be ruled out by your physician. ...Read more
Ebola Virus: A person with Ebola infection may develop cough, chest pain, hemoptysis (coughing up blood), respiratory distress as well as Interstitial pneumonia and pulmonary edema with attempts to hydrate. Shock with capillary leakage, seizures, coma & respiratory distress herald death. ...Read more
Multiple ways: Autoimmune diseases can cause inflammation in the lung which can behave like infection and appear the same on xray. Shortness of the breath can occur. Coughing up blood is possible. Inflammation of the lining of the lungs called the pleura can cause pain with breathing or deep breaths. Fluid can occur between the lining of the lung and the lung itself can also cause pain and shortness of breath ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How does heart disease affect the respiratory system?
- What are some diseases that affect the respiratory system?
- How heart disease affect the respiratory system?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does coronary heart disease affect the respiratory system?
- A disease in the respiratory system
- Diseases of respiratory system and their treatment
- Diseases of the respiratory system for kids
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free