Doctor insights on:
Disease Process Of Pneumonia
There are: numerous potential complications involving multiple organ systems, as well as possible secondary infections with other pathogens, that can occur. ...Read more
Antibiotics: While some cases of pneumonia are caused by viruses and other pathogens, those caused by bacterial organisms respond well to antibiotics. Once the number of organisms in the lung is reduced, recovery ensues with reduction in inflammation, accompanied by improvement in clinical symptoms. ...Read more
If you have been vaccinated for pneumonia is it ok to help someone with the disease as long as you are not in close contact?
Close Encounters: Well, it's not like you've been vaccinated against every lung infection on earth, but if you take what are called "the proper precautions" you should be fine. Those precautions means your friend doesn't cough in your face, and only into a Kleenex and hat you air-out the room daily. It also depends on how sick he is and how much time you'll be with him. Overall, though, don't worry too much. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pneumonia: Pneumonia cause by the germ legionella. It is not all that different from any other pneumonia, although it can be very severe and can be associated with GI symptoms, and at times neurologic symptoms more often than other pneumonias. It is treated with antibiotics and support much like other pneumonias. ...Read more
All of them: Elderly get all the same diseases as the young ones.. Sometimes immunity wanes and vaccines get forgotten so they are prone to many of the same illnesses as unvaccinated children. Most contagious disease though is mild and viral ( not amounting to a pneumonia) and there is no vaccine for that. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you explain the pathophysiology of pneumonia and rheumatic heart disease?
- Disease process of congestive heart failure
- Is pneumonia a form of interstitial lung disease?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are green stools a common symptom of celiac disease?
- Whats the healing process of a second degree burn
- Chronic small vessel ischemic disease of the brain
- Causes of recurrent pneumonia in adults
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free