Doctor insights on:
Disease Caused By Lack Of Vitamin B
Yes: There are different b vitamins, and most are necessary for normal function of our nervous system and other structures. ...Read more
B 12 deficiency: B 12 deficiency usually happens on people with history of gastric resection, ilium resection, inflammatory conditions of the intestine, alcoholosim, chronic antibiotic use (intestinal bacterial overgrowth sydrome), strict vegetarians, patients taking metformin or anti acid medications. Sometimes we can't explain it. Keep talking to your doctor. ...Read more
Lack energy & wakefulness.ongoing for past months.coffee,energy drinks, vitamin b no effect. Lot of same during adolescents.blood tests normal. Help?
Many causes...: Fatigue and sleep difficulties have SO many causes (not only physical but also emotional). My advice, stop the artificial attempts to increase energy (they are likely working against you). Drink 1 1/2 liters of water per day. Eat balanced clean diet. Exercise daily. Meditate. See your doctor if your symptoms are not improving to rule out medical causes. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Metabolism: B vitamins are critical components of cellular metabolism. They are catalysts, or assistants, for most of the reactions that turn food into energy in the body. If you do not have enough b vitamins, you do not turn food into energy in an efficient manner. This leads to low energy levels, low blood counts, etc. ...Read more
B complex: There are quite a few different vitamin bs in b complex. However, none is directly related to bone strength. Lack if vitamin c causes scurvy which affect soft tissues, and lack of vitamin d and calcium causes weakening of bones (and the medical condition rickets). ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Diseases caused by lack of vitamin b
- Diseases caused by deficiency of vitamin b
- Deficiency disease caused by lack of vitamin c
- Can a lack of b vitamins cause skin tags?
- List of diseases caused by lack of enzymes
- What are the symptoms of low platelets caused by a lack of vitamin b12?
- Diseases caused by a lack of exercise
- Diseases caused by vitamin b
- Talk to a preventive medicine specialist online for free