Doctor insights on:
Disease Cause Leukopenia
Possibly: There are a lot of reasons for leukopenia. Usually isolated low white cells is not a sign of leukemia if the red blood cells and the platelets also found in blood are fine. Leukopenia develops in leukemia because all the bone marrow cells that eventually end up in the blood stream are crowded out by leukemia cells. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
YES: Leukopenia means low white cell count. It can be associated with various things, which can include: infection (eg., cold/ flu, typhoid, hiv, aids, malaria, tuberculosis, etc), aplastic anemia, cancer (eg, hogkin's lymphoma, leukemia, myelofibrosis, etc.), metabolic deficiencies (eg, copper, zinc and folate deficiencies), or treatment-related (eg, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, etc). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Leukopenia (white blood cells in the blood are fewer than normal) does not cause reduction a child's final height. However, if the leukopenia was severe, and the child had persistent or recurrent infections throughout childhood, he might not grow as tall due to having chronic illnesses. In an adult, leukopenia does not make him shorter. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Multiple causes: You have a low level of one kind of white blood cell, the neutrophil. Most common cause is viral infection, esp. If transient. Many different medication can do this as a side effect, including non-prescription meds. Rarely, nutritional deficiencies (iron, B12 or folic acid). It can be part of autoimmune disease, it can be congenital, be due to serious blood diseases, or be benign. ...Read more
Can having chronic leukopenia affect other lab tests or cause other problems? I've had this for many years with no known reason for it.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Could a venereal disease cause leukopenia
- Can lymes disease cause uti?
- How long can you have chlamydia before it causes pelvic inflammatory disease?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can gallbladder disease cause weight gain?
- Can kidney disease cause body odor?
- Does thyroid disease cause seborrheic dermatitis?
- What causes leg numbness and pain with kidney disease?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free