Doctor insights on:
ALOPECIA W/U: YES : Alopecia or hair loss may be multifaceted . You need full lab work up especially Thyroid studies b12 and folate. If they are normal start high dose Biotin zinc B12 and folic acid. Also MASON-PEARSON brush spreads sebum and improves blood flow. & Rogaine may help If there is no improvement you beed dermatology consult for biopsy to rule out auto-immune ALOPECIA AERATA. ...Read more
How to tell if it's alopecia or TE? Diffuse thinning of scalp eyebrows and pubic hair on and off 12 months since early MC, NO patches.thank you
Can alopecia areata cause diffuse thinning of scalp n severe hairfall? Coz biopsy report says i have no telogen effluivm. Anagen telogen ratio is 8:2
24 F, diffuse thinning hair scalp,eyebrows,public,legs.NO bald patches. since early MC Feb 2015, ERPC March, keyhole surgery May 2015.alopecia or TE?
Further testing: get a full thyroid testing profile and hormonal evaluation. ...Read more
Hair loss: Alopecia can be inherited, related to shock or stress, dietary deficiencies such as malnutrition, genetic disorders, medication, and an autoimmune disorder in which the body's antibodies attack the hair follicles. Hormonal disorders can cause hairloss such as hypothryoidism. Exogenous trauma such as curling irons, constant pulling hairstyles (traction alopecia) and chemical trauma, e.g. Chlorine. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Diffuse unpatterned alopecia
- Diffuse alopecia areata symptoms
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does diffuse fatty infiltration of the liver mean?
- What does diffuse disc desiccation mean?
- Diffuse increased echogenicity of the liver
- Diffusely heterogeneous thyroid gland
- Talk to a dermatologist online