Doctor insights on:
Difficulty Sleeping (Definition)
Many women complain that they have trouble sleeping when they are pregnant. Try not to eat just before bedtime. Consider taking a warm bath at bedtime to help you relax. As your abdomen gets bigger, you may want to lie on your side with a pillow under your abdomen and a pillow between your legs for comfort.
Sleep Hygiene: Before the bedtime, write a summary of your day -- +things that happened to you and a list for tomorrow to bring more structure to your routine. Have a bedtime routine, make sure the room is a little on a cooler side, take a warm shower before bed, try relaxation. If these things don't help, seek someone who works with sleep difficulties and talk to your physician to find a reason for insomnia. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Sleep hygiene: Primary treatment of insomnia is good sleep hygiene. Get comfortable bed in quiet location without interference or distractions. Go to bed only when tired. Use bed only for sleeping and sex - not reading or watching tv. Exercise regularly - esp. Am. Limit exciting activities, stimulants and eating just before bed time. After ensuring these are done then melatonin is reasonable. ...Read more
Stressful life: As we get older we require fewer hours of sleep, however if you have stress in your life because of the economy or family problems, you need to address those issues first. However there are some natural sleep remedies like melatonin, 5 mg tablet at bed time, or a glass of warm milk which has phenylalanie, an Amino Acid that helps us sleep. Good luck. ...Read more
I am 19 years old and still have a lot of difficulty sleeping by myself. Is this normal? How can I get help?
Sleeeping: First, talk to your pediatrician or family doctor and ask for help. Tell them that you have something bothering you and then explain the situation. Try to bring notes so you don't leave out details that may help. Make sure you tell the dr. About any history of trauma or fears. If your dr. Won't help, find a new one. Good luck to you. ...Read more
Husband has cirrosis by hepc, is this the cause for his difficulty sleeping, and confusion while he gets up at night, does have fliud retention?
See 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Difficulty breathing through nose at night the cause of sleep apnea
- Why do i have great difficulty breathing when i lie down to sleep?
- Can an antacid after a heavy meal help reduce my difficulty sleeping?
- Home remedies for difficulty sleeping
- Is sleep apnea linked to speech difficulties in kids?
- Is difficulty getting back to sleep a symptom of sleep disturbance?
- Is difficulty sleeping a symptom of sleep disturbance?
- Is difficulty getting back to sleep a symptom of acute otitis media?
- Talk to a sleep medicine specialist online for free