Doctor insights on:
Different Kinds Of Hpv
HPV: HPV is a very common virus and there are many strains. Only a few of them are associated with cervical cancer for the female. Once you have the virus it will stay in your system. There is no treatment for the virus. The best prevention at this time is to get the HPV vaccine prior to sexual activity to prevent you from contracting the virus. Screening pap smears is important to look for changes. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I know there is different types of HPV , but what of it's been months and no signs or symptoms.I'm getting tested regardless just need higher thoughts?
Confused?I have read from many different sources and some claim that hpv goes away in 2-3years and others say that it won't go away.What is the truth?
Might,however: The HPV represent a family of dozens of virus strains that have a pattern of staying within an infected host forever. For some that have easily recognized features like the warts, it is obvious when they become inactive.(disappear) However, they also may reappear years later. Some strains may never come out of their hiding places, but I always assume they could. Some probably never do. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
PAP and a HPV test together what is the differents if my HPV is Negative waiting on the Dr to read my pap will my Pap be Negative also.. Nerveous?
HPV negative is good: The HPV can be very helpful. If the HPV is negative the Pap is also likely to be negative or "atypical" at worst, and nothing further need be done. There is ongoing discussion about using HPV for screening and skipping the pap, although that is not standard of care at this time. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How many different kinds of ovarian cysts are there?
- What kind of doc do i need to see if i think i have hpv warts on tongue?
- How many different strains of hpv are there?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Different kinds of vaginal discharge
- What are the ranges of white blood cell counts for different kinds of leukemia?
- What are the different kinds of skin diseases?
- Different kinds of doctors and their salaries
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free