Doctor insights on:
Difference Between Plantar Warts
There are many types of warts and all are caused by virus. There are a variety (~46) of different viruses that cause warts thus different type of warts. Different types of warts will have there own appearance. Some are flat and smooth while others are raised and rough with small black streaks or specks in them. Others are ...Read more
Depends: Depending on how long the plantar warts have been present and how deep the virus has penetrated can determine whether they are painful. If the virus is deep and has had the opportunity to fester beneath the surface, although mainly vascular, it can be quite thick and hard resulting in pain when pressure applied. If the wart is adjacent to a nerve it can also irritate and cause pain. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Viral: The warts are a viral infection. They can become painful which may limit activities if they are on weight bearing areas. You should have it biopsied make sure it is a viral infection only. There are multiples ways to remove them. See you local podiatrist. ...Read more
One of a few ways.: Three common ways that plantar warts are removed are freezing them, application of chemicals and surgical removal. The first two are available to you as over the counter treatments found at most drug stores. The last one requires you go to a surgeon or podiatrist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Difference between moles and warts
- Difference between mole and wart
- Difference between warts and genital warts
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Whats the difference between a wart and a rash
- Difference between genital herpes and genital warts
- What is the difference between a wart and rash?
- What is the difference between a wart and a corn?
- Talk to a dermatologist online