Doctor insights on:
Difference Between Glasses Contacts Prescription
Sometimes: Eyeglass prescriptions and contact lens prescriptions sometimes look quite different. You cannot substitute one for the other but your ophthalmologist will write the proper one for you visual needs so the optician can fit your glasses or the ophthalmologist can order the proper contacts. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Optometry: I have a -3.75 distance vision prescription for progressive glasses. Any difference between the optician measuring pd with a machine or without it?
Different: They are different. Often the overall power will be similar or the same, but contact lenses require more specifications, such as the curvature of the lens as well as type of material. ...Read more
Not enough info: In order to fit contact lenses to your eyes, you need the corneal curvature in addition to the glasses power. Also a discussion of your vision goals, such as any need to see well at near and distance versus distance only, is used to determine the initial contact lens parameters. Your eye care provider will make these measurements. ...Read more
Can you tell me if i switch from glasses(prism lens) to contacts(different prescription) will that cause unusual discomfort?
Can you tell me if you switch from glasses(prism lens) to contacts(different prescription) will that cause unusual discomfort?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between otc dhea prescription dhea?
- Is there a difference between normal glasses and computer glasses?
- What is the difference between over-the-counter prenatal vitamins prescription prenatal vitamins?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference between aerobic and anaerobic exercise prescription?
- Is the prescription for contacts and glasses the same?
- Contacts lens prescription vs glasses
- What are the differences between a pimple and a cyst in your skin?
- Can you switch between glasses and contacts?