Doctor insights on:
Difference Between Gastroenteritis And Stomach Flu
Sometimes None: Norwalk virus causes symtoms that most would classify as "stomach flu". They can include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, muscle aches, headache, tiredness and low-grade fever. Lasts 24- 48 hrs (longer in kids) usually resolving on its own. There are no known long- term effects after recovery from this infection. Importance is to stay well-hydrated and treat symptoms. ...Read more
Fluid replacement: There is no "cure"for a viral gastroenteritis. The important thing is to keep up with fluid losses--usually staring with small volumes of fluid and increasing as tolerated. Food and fluid if diarrhea is the problem. If that does not work, IV fluids may be needed, or an anti-emetic, such as zofran. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is there a difference between stomach flu nausea and anxiety nausea?
- Difference between food poisoning and stomach flu
- What's the difference between stomach flu and food poisoning
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to tell difference between food poisoning and stomach flu?
- What is the main difference between swine flu and sars?
- How can you tell the difference between dehydration and a stomach virus?
- Are there any key differences between appendicitis and a stomach pain in a child?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free