Doctor insights on:
Difference Between Gastroenteritis And Stomach Flu
The flu, otherwise known as influenza, is a viral infection of the nose and throat. Symptoms of influenza include fever, chills, runny nose, muscle aches, fatigue, malaise, headaches, and coughing. Children with the flu often have nausea and vomiting as well. Some strains of the flu are preventable by getting a yearly flu ...Read more
Sometimes None: Norwalk virus causes symtoms that most would classify as "stomach flu". They can include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, muscle aches, headache, tiredness and low-grade fever. Lasts 24- 48 hrs (longer in kids) usually resolving on its own. There are no known long- term effects after recovery from this infection. Importance is to stay well-hydrated and treat symptoms. ...Read more
How do u tell the difference between morning sickness & stomach flu? I have no vomit or diarrhea. Just have abdominal pain, nausea, headache, fatigue.
Fluid replacement: There is no "cure"for a viral gastroenteritis. The important thing is to keep up with fluid losses--usually staring with small volumes of fluid and increasing as tolerated. Food and fluid if diarrhea is the problem. If that does not work, IV fluids may be needed, or an anti-emetic, such as zofran (ondansetron). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Difference between stomach flu and stomach virus
- Difference between food poisoning and stomach flu
- Is there a difference between stomach flu nausea and anxiety nausea?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Stomach flu gastroenteritis stomach disorders
- Viral gastroenteritis stomach flu
- Gastroenteritis stomach flu ibuprofen
- Stomach flu gastroenteritis diarrhea
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free