Doctor insights on:
Difference Between Gastroenteritis And Stomach Flu
Yes.: The cause is different. The feeling, however, is the same. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Sometimes None: Norwalk virus causes symtoms that most would classify as "stomach flu". They can include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, muscle aches, headache, tiredness and low-grade fever. Lasts 24- 48 hrs (longer in kids) usually resolving on its own. There are no known long- term effects after recovery from this infection. Importance is to stay well-hydrated and treat symptoms. ...Read more
Depends: They both are general terms to describe one of many infections, but basically stomach flu is a viral illness that lasts for a few days. Food poising is usually bacterial, more severe, and more dangerous. ...Read more
How do u tell the difference between morning sickness & stomach flu? I have no vomit or diarrhea. Just have abdominal pain, nausea, headache, fatigue.
Can be tricky: With morning sickness, one genrally doesn't experience abdominal pain or diarrhea although severe retching can cause abdominal discomfort. Stomch flu will generally last only a few days. ...Read more
Fluid replacement: There is no "cure"for a viral gastroenteritis. The important thing is to keep up with fluid losses--usually staring with small volumes of fluid and increasing as tolerated. Food and fluid if diarrhea is the problem. If that does not work, IV fluids may be needed, or an anti-emetic, such as zofran. ...Read more
Several : This is a problem that requires a face-to-face meeting with your doctor. In that meeting, your doctor will listen to you, perform a throrough examination and possibly order labs or other tests. Based on this information, he/she will be able to tell you what's wrong and what to do about it. ...Read more
How to stop vomitting? How long does gastroenteritis (stomach flu) last and how to keep energized and hydrated?
Depends: If its moderate nausea then oral agents like Compazine can be used. If even pills can't stay down rectal compazine. Once this calms the nausea use this as an oppurtunity to take in ice chips. Dont over do it . If you push too hard you will only throw up again and will progressively get more dehydrated. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is there a difference between stomach flu nausea and anxiety nausea?
- Difference between food poisoning and stomach flu
- What is the difference between stomach flu and food poisoning?
- What's the difference between stomach flu and food poisoning?
- Difference between stomach flu and stomach virus
- How to tell difference between food poisoning and stomach flu?
- What is the main difference between swine flu and sars?
- How can you tell the difference between dehydration and a stomach virus?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free