Doctor insights on:
Difference Between Gastroenteritis And Stomach Flu
Sometimes None: Norwalk virus causes symtoms that most would classify as "stomach flu". They can include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, muscle aches, headache, tiredness and low-grade fever. Lasts 24- 48 hrs (longer in kids) usually resolving on its own. There are no known long- term effects after recovery from this infection. Importance is to stay well-hydrated and treat symptoms. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Fluid replacement: There is no "cure"for a viral gastroenteritis. The important thing is to keep up with fluid losses--usually staring with small volumes of fluid and increasing as tolerated. Food and fluid if diarrhea is the problem. If that does not work, IV fluids may be needed, or an anti-emetic, such as zofran. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Several : This is a problem that requires a face-to-face meeting with your doctor. In that meeting, your doctor will listen to you, perform a throrough examination and possibly order labs or other tests. Based on this information, he/she will be able to tell you what's wrong and what to do about it. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
How to stop vomitting? How long does gastroenteritis (stomach flu) last and how to keep energized and hydrated?
Depends: If its moderate nausea then oral agents like Compazine can be used. If even pills can't stay down rectal compazine. Once this calms the nausea use this as an oppurtunity to take in ice chips. Dont over do it . If you push too hard you will only throw up again and will progressively get more dehydrated. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is there a difference between stomach flu nausea and anxiety nausea?
- Difference between food poisoning and stomach flu
- What's the difference between stomach flu and food poisoning
- Difference between stomach flu and stomach virus
- How to tell difference between food poisoning and stomach flu?
- What is the main difference between swine flu and sars?
- How can you tell the difference between dehydration and a stomach virus?
- Are there any key differences between appendicitis and a stomach pain in a child?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free