Doctor insights on:
Difference Between Bronchoscopy And Endoscopy
Lung vs gi tract: Bronchoscopy is the study where they look into your lungs with a bronchoscope. Endocopy, a non-specific term, usually refers to the procedure of looking into your GI tract (stomach, intestines). But, in general, endoscopy is any study that looks inside your body, so a bronchoscopy is a type of an endoscopy... ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Bronchoscopy is a procedure to visually examine inside of the airways (trachea, bronchii). This can be done using a rigid bronchoscope or flexible fiber-optic scope. It can be used to obtain samples such as washings (bal) and biopsies for diagnosis. There are also therapeutic interventions ...Read more
Anxious re: toddlers bronchoscopy/endoscopy on tues.Chronic wet, junky, chest cough. (14 months long)some atelectasis. Stunted growth. Possible causes?!
How long is a reasonable amount of time between bronchoscopies for a child with a trach? How often should s/he have one?
Bronchoscopies: Routine bronchoscopy at a defined time for a child with a tracheostomy is not defined. In general, these are performed when the child has an issue raising concern for airway obstruction (such as tracheal granuloma), tracheal bleeding, or in certain times when a severe infection is a concern. In addition, prior to tracheal decannulation, this may be performed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: Depends on what is actually performed. For most flexible bronchoscopies with or without biopsies you should be able to return to work the next day. Some degree of sore throat is possible. Overall most patients recover very quickly from a bronchoscopy and usually don't even remember the actual procedure. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the main difference between bronchoscopy and endoscopy?
- What is difference between upper endoscopy and colonoscopy?
- What is the difference between endoscopy and colonoscopy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Whats the difference between a endoscopy and colonoscopy
- What is the difference between a colonoscopy and a endoscopy?
- What is the difference between a bronchoscopy and and endoscope?
- What is the difference between a colonoscopy and an endoscopy?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free