Doctor insights on:
Difference Between A Sprain And A Broken Ankle
Many possible signs: Twisting ones’ ankle can lead to a sprained ankle. Often times, this may result in ligament or tendon injuries which may lead to ankle bruising, swelling, pain, and possibly instability. An x-ray of the foot and ankle will be able to assist in differentiating a sprain form a fracture. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Broken ankle is also known as Ankle fracture. Ankle fracture describe a break or fracture of any of the bones of the ankle. This can be caused by falls, trauma, or twisting of the ankle. Patients with ankle fractures experience pain and swelling of the foot, and have difficulty bearing any weight ...Read more
Is a broken ankle very painful? Or can it be only mildly painful and fool you into thinking it was a sprain?
Xray to see fracture: You need to undergo a thorough anl/leg examination by a health care provider to see whether an xray is indicated. ...Read more
Broken ankle or sprain? Symptoms are swelling of ankle. Can rotate and walk on it with mild pain though. Happended 5 days ago
Need an x-ray: To be sure which it is you should get an x-ray ...Read more
3 years go=broken ankle & screwes sprained my akle playing tennis in auguet and it's still swollen. Had me in a cast. Is this normal?
Possibly: I think you're saying you had screws placed for a broken ankle 3 years ago, and now you've sprained your ankle last august and it's still swollen. I actually warn my patients that after bad ankle injuries (in your case, 2 of them), the swelling may actually never go away, but as long as your ankle is functional and painless and strong, i would not worry about some persistent swelling. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Ligaments vs Bone: A twisted, or sprained ankle is an injury to one or more of the ligaments that connect the bones of the lower leg and foot. A broken ankle is a fracture of one or more of the bones of the lower leg. One can usually recover from a sprain within a few weeks, while a fracture usually takes about 8-12 weeks to heal. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How could i tell the difference between a sprained and broken finger?
- What is the difference between a broken and sprained thumb?
- What is the main difference between a broken foot and a sprained foot?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Whats the difference between a broken or sprain thumb
- Difference between implantation bleeding and a broken hymen
- What is the main difference between a broken and fractured clavicle?
- How do you know the difference between a sprained or fractured ankle?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free