Doctor insights on:
Diet For Coumadin Takers
Diet pills: Anyone that is on Coumadin need to be aware of the drug drug interactions that occur and you will need to discuss with you doc and have the inr measured more frequently at the beginning. Diet pills only help to get you jump started on your diet. What you need is a change in you eating habits and exercise. ...Read more
I've been on Coumadin (warafin) for 5 weeks. I will continue it for another 5 months. Anyone know if i can be on diet while taking this drug?
Anything: Truly you can have any diet when you're on coumadin, but the most important thing to remember is to be consistent with it. That way your physician can make adjustments to your Coumadin dose accordingly, and get your inr to the desired level no matter the kind of diet you have. ...Read more
My mom is on Coumadin and wants to start the hCG diet. Is there a drug reaction between the two? Not asking about the diet but the interactions only.
How does not eating/fasting effect you when taking coumadin/warfarin? Should i take lower dose if planning to fast? I plan on fasting for 72 hours.
Impossible to say: It would be impossible to say because of the many intricate effects of foods and beverages on coumadin. I recommend you let your prescribing doctor know that you are fasting. I am sure your doctor will want you to get your inr checked right after the fast (and maybe before.). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Advice for a sugar free low fat coumadin diet
- When do i take metformin for my diet morning or night
- How long does it take for tooth infection swelling to go down?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I am 5 days late for my period is it too early to take a home pregnancy test
- How long dose it take for sperm to reach the egg?
- How long will it take for an antibiotic to reduce pain of a tooth infection?
- How long does it take for antibiotics to kick in for a sinus infection?
- Talk to a cardiologist online