Doctor insights on:
Diet After Gallbladder Removal
2 yrs after gallbladder removal,I am on a very limited diet.All tests by GI Dr are Neg.I get Bloating,Gas&Pain after eating. Any Suggestion I can do?
Food Diary: Do a food and symptom diary and then eliminate the food that is most commonly associated with your symptoms. ...Read more
Normal short term: It is normal to have some pain around the port sites after lap chole and around the incision for an open procedure. These usually decrease by 2 weeks. If you seem to be having deeper pain, or if you experience fevers, night sweats or don't feel like you are getting better, call your surgeon for advice. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Trial and error: After gallbladder removal, the bile from the liver constantly drains into the intestine (rather than being stored in the gallbladder between meals and squirted into the intestine after meals). Bile can be irritating and about 25% of patients may experience gastric irritation or diarrhea. This is called post-cholecystectomy syndrome. Avoid acid food and fatty food. Minimize alcohol and tobacco. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Long term diet after gallbladder removal
- Diet restrictions after gallbladder removal
- A low carb diet after gallbladder removal
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is a good diet after gallbladder removal?
- Low fat diet after gallbladder removal
- Life after gallbladder removal diet
- Drinking alcohol after gallbladder removal
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free