Doctor insights on:
Diet After Bowel Surgery
Is this normal for a liquid diet? I recently had surgery and was put on liquid diet. I have been having green, watery bowel movements for six days.
C . Diff: Make shure your doctor knows. Could be clostridium defficile. Happens due to change of intestinal flora after high dose of antibiotics. Notify your surgeon as soon as possible. ...Read more
The gastrointestinal tract starts at the mouth, travel down the tunnel (esophagus), which connects to the stomach, which then empties into the duodenum, jejunum, and ileum---the three parts of the small intestine (@25 feet). This empties into the colon or large intestine (about 5 feet), which then becomes the sigmoid colon, rectum and out the anus. So, every morsel eaten ...Read more
Can you please tell me why it'simportant for a patient to open his/her bowel and pass wind after surgery?
After bowel surgery I still have no sensation when I need the toilet, i have been caught out a few times will I need extra treatment or will it settle?
Talk to surgeon: Talk to your surgeon. This depends on what was done at the time of surgery. How long ago the surgery was and what problem is being treated. Hour surgeon is the best one to advise you. ...Read more
Would any body be able to explain to me the long term effects of bowel surgery no stoma currently 3 weeks after op still painful Thankyou?
After a lap to diagnose bowel endo, it seems that I have worse symptoms. Nothing was removed during lap. Could the surgery have caused more endo?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Soft diet list after bowel surgery
- Bowel movement after hernia surgery
- Diet after small bowel obstruction
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- No bowel movement in 5 days after surgery
- Diet after small bowel resection
- Bowel movement after laparoscopic surgery
- Are changes in bowel habits normal after gallbladder surgery?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online