Doctor insights on:
Did I Sprain Or Break My Ankle
Try: Jumping out the window. That always works for me. To be serious, dr. Sung's advice to be careful on stairs is very important, but sometimes a simple mis-step is enough to twist/sprain/break your ankle. Only an x-ray can determine if you have a break though. Ice, rest, elevation, and if you're not much better in 24 hours, go see a podiatrist or orthopedist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What to do if i sprained my ankle, and i'm trying to tough it out. Can it turn into a break if not treated?
You may have one...: Ankle sprains can sometimes result in fractures in the foot, particularly along the 5th metatarsal (and just because you can walk on it, doesn't mean it didn't break). Have it checked out properly by a foot/ankle specialist. If not, you risk having an undetected injury and it could compromise not only your healing but can affect other components of your gait and overall activity level. ...Read more
X-rays are standard: To determine if there is a fracture. While some fracture lines can be hard to detect, most times if the x-ray taken after an injury is clear, it will be considered a sprain of the ligaments--especially if the ligaments are painful to the touch. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I've sprained my ankle severely 6 times in last 10 years. This time with fibula break. Why does this keep happening?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Did i sprain my ankle or tear a ligament do i just wait a few days
- Did i fracture my foot or just sprain it hard to stand on it due to pain
- How do i know if my ankle is sprain or broken?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Did i tear a ligament in my ankle rolled it and very swollen on the outside
- I sprained my knee two weeks ago is it normal for my ankle to swell
- Can i sprain my ankle by falling down a flight of stairs?
- How do i reduce the swelling in my sprain ankle?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free