Doctor insights on:
Diastasis Recti Men Exercises
If exercise will not correct diastasis recti in men...what exercises can men do to get stronger stomach muscles..that won't make the diastasis worse?
Partially: Sahrmann exercises can help build abdominal strength (especially in abs below the belly bottom), and have been shown to partially correct the distasis recti that is caused by pregnancy, but they typically do not completely correct it. Women that have significant stretching/separation of the abdominal fascia post pregnancy usu. require abdominoplasty to completely correct. ...Read more
Less is more: Diastasis rectii is the separation of the normally-fused rectus abdominis ("6-pack") muscles. In my practice, i see this most commonly in women after childbirth or in barrel-chested men who have gained weight. Unfortunately, there is no non-surgical way to re-fuse the muscles; ironically, "core" exercises will only accentuate the split. The best thing to do is to keep your weight down. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I managed to rectify diastasis recti with exercise after my 1st 2 pregnancies but 1 year on after my 3rd i still look 3mths pregnant. What can I do?
Surgery: The only way to correct that is with a very simple surgery that helps to bring the 2 sides of your linea alba together. Very common for some women to have this problem, mostly to do with genetics, not amount of exercise or hard work a woman puts into stomach crunches or exercise. If you need it, you need it. Sometimes that rectus fasica can separate by 5-6". ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Diastasis recti in men treatment
- Exercises for diastasis recti post pregnancy
- Causes diastasis recti in men
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are some abdominal exercises for diastasis recti?
- Exercise restrictions for diastasis recti in men
- Diastasis recti exercises
- Best exercises for diastasis recti
- Talk to a holistic medicine practitioner online for free